Volunteering With Us
Are you interested in Volunteering in Dara Community Living?
We are looking for energetic people who have something to give back to their community to get involved with us.
If you have a few hours free a month, you might like to share your interests or passions with the people we support such as:
- Going to football matches
- Cookery classes
- Exercising together – gym, walking etc.
You may also want to share your:
- IT skills
- Help us with transport
- Help us to make links with other community groups
The benefits for you are:
- Personal fulfillment
- Opportunity to volunteer and learn about Intellectual Disability
- Chance to make a difference
- Help others
- Make new friends
You will receive:
- Induction and Training
- Ongoing advice and assistance
- Role description
- Support from the Dara Management team
- Appreciation and recognition
How can I get started?
Once you have contacted Dara you will be asked to complete a Volunteer Application Form. On receipt of the completed form the Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with to you to arrange a meeting and discuss options.
All potential volunteers will have to undergo a Garda Vetting process before volunteer with Service Users.